Yield: 6 servings
You can substitute balsamic or other vinegar in this version of Gazpacho soup if you wish. The bread simply disappears when you stir it in.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 pounds (about 9 medium) tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 large, or 2 small, green bell peppers
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 slice white bread, crust cut off, saturated with cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 hot chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
Cut the tomatoes, onion, and pepper(s) into small chunks. Process each ingredient separately in a food processor and blend until smooth. Mix the processed ingredients together. Add the garlic, oil, vinegar, bread, and seasonings. Let the flavors mix for about 1 hour at room temperature before ladling up bowls full of Gazpacho soup.