Yield: about 15 pancakes
- 1 three-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups unbleached flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Instructions:Prepare lemon/cream cheese topping: Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, lemon rind, and lemon juice on medium speed until fluffy.
For pancakes, beat egg with hand beater in medium bowl until fluffy. Beat in remaining pancake ingredients until just smooth. Heat griddle to 375 degrees F or heat skillet over medium heat. Grease griddle if necessary.
Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until pancakes are puffy. Turn and cook until dry around edges. Serve with topping.