Ham and cheese bowties
- Ham and Cheese Bowties
- This is like homemade macaroni and cheese, but with fun bowtie pasta and ham
- in a Colby cheese sauce.
- 8 ounces farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 4 ounces cooked ham, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for
8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Saute garlic 30 seconds.
Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour in milk, a
little at a time, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Stir in
mustard and Colby. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is
melted. Remove from heat and stir in pasta and ham.
Pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly and golden.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings