Harrisville Kale Salad with Cranberries, Feta & Walnuts
Total Time: 25
Yield: 6 servings
Note: For this recipe, you'll want about 8 cups of thinly sliced kale leaves.
- 1 head green-leaf kale (see "Note," above)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar, red-wine vinegar, or apple-cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
Instructions:Remove stems from kale and discard. Wash and spin kale leaves in a salad spinner or blot between paper towels until thoroughly dried. Slice kale thinly (1/4- to 1/2-inch thickness), place in a salad bowl, and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, shallots, and a pinch of salt. Let stand about 10 minutes. Slowly whisk in olive oil, adding pepper and more salt to taste.
Pour dressing over kale and toss well. Toss in cranberries, walnuts, feta, and lemon or lime juice. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 3 days.