Herbed Carrot Salad
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Total Time: 25
This easy, no-added-fat herbed carrot salad plays the nutty flavor of toasted sunflower seeds against sweet carrots and fresh herbs. Serve it right away or make it the day before.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, plus extra to taste
- 3 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 cups shredded carrots (from 5-6 large carrots)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Using a mortar and pestle or the side of a knife, crush garlic with salt until a thick paste forms. Place garlic paste in your serving bowl. Add vinegar and lemon juice and let stand for at least 10 minutes, letting the garlic macerate.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast sunflower seeds until nicely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
Add carrots and herbs to the garlic mixture. Add sunflower seeds and toss. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.