Hoisin-Sesame Sauce for Pork
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Makes enough to sauce 2 pork tenderloins 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice from 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 scallions , white and green parts sliced 1/8 inch thick on bias
- Table salt and ground black pepper
- Taking a cue from the more famous filet mignon, our "pork mignons" are thick-cut to keep them juicy and moist.
Pour off any fat from skillet in which pork was cooked. Add oil and heat skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add hoisin sauce, orange juice, broth, and any juices from resting meat and bring to simmer, scraping bottom of skillet with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Simmer until liquid is reduced to 1 cup, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in sesame oil and scallions. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, pour sauce over pork, and serve immediately.