Yield: Serves 12
Serve slim wedges of this zippy mousse as an accompaniment to roast beef. Or unmold onto an attractive plate and surround with wheat crackers as an appetizer.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated horseradish root (or use Creamy Horseradish)
- 1/3 cup medium or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
Instructions:1. In the container of a blender or processor, combine the ricotta cheese and the onion and whirl until smooth. Add the horseradish, cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whirl to combine. Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour the water into a glass measuring cup. Sprinkle on the gelatin and allow it to soften. Set the cup in a saucepan containing a small amount of boiling water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Add the dissolved gelatin to the horseradish mixture and blend thoroughly. Pour into a round mold or a shallow round baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm. Dip the mold briefly in warm water to loosen. Unmold and cut into slim wedges or serve whole.