Yield: Serves 12
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated horseradish root (or use Creamy Horseradish)
- 1/3 cup medium or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
Instructions:1. In the container of a blender or processor, combine the ricotta cheese and the onion and whirl until smooth. Add the horseradish, cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whirl to combine. Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour the water into a glass measuring cup. Sprinkle on the gelatin and allow it to soften. Set the cup in a saucepan containing a small amount of boiling water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Add the dissolved gelatin to the horseradish mixture and blend thoroughly. Pour into a round mold or a shallow round baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm. Dip the mold briefly in warm water to loosen. Unmold and cut into slim wedges or serve whole.