Yield: 6 to 8
Serve with cut-up pita bread.
- 1 cup dried garbanzo beans, soaked overnight
- 3-4 tablespoons Tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 4-8 chopped cloves of garlic (more if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
Instructions:Let beans sit ovenight in 4 cups water. Cook the beans in water to cover for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving some of the liquid.
Blend all except parsley in food processor to desired consistency, using water reserved bean stock to loosen the chickpeas. You want the consistency of a dip, not too loose.
Add and blend parsley in with a spatula.
You can decorate the dish with roasted red peppers, black olives, and a little Paprika for color.