Italian Pasta Salad
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Born and raised in an Italian household, I cook Italian 90 percent of the time. Of all the pasta salads out there, I came up with this Italian Pasta Salad which my family loves best.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound cooked and rinsed cavatelli
- 1 can black olives, drained and chopped
- 2 small jars artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped mild provolone cheese
- 1 can chick peas, drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh arugula or spinach
- 2 small jars red roasted peppers, drained and chopped
After cooking cavatelli, rinse and allow to partially cool.
In a large serving bowl blend cavatelli with remaining ingredients.
Toss to combine and chill before serving.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic in oil)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, mix oil, vinegar, garlic, and other seasonings.
Pour over cavatelli mixture and toss. Refrigerate until serving.