Jellied Tomato Shrimp Salad
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A main-course luncheon dish.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cooked shrimp, cut up
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced, pimiento-stuffed green olives
Instructions:Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water to soften for about 5 minutes; add the boiling water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Stir in the tomato sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cool.
Add the sour cream and beat until combined. Chill un-til slightly thickened and fold in the remaining ingre-dients.
Pour into six individual molds and serve on crisp salad greens garnished with sliced cucumbers and lemon wedges.