Lasagna With A Country Twist
Yield: One 9 x 13 pan
- 1 16-ounce package lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound loose sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pound loose hot sausage
- 1 pound ground venison (deer meat)
- 1 large container Ricotta cheese
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- oregano, parsley, garlic, onion to taste
Instructions:Prepare lasagna noodles as directed.
In a large skillet mix together beef, both of the sausages, and venison. Brown evenly. Drain.
Add oregano, parsley, garlic, and onion to spaghetti sauce.
In a large nonstick pan spread a thin layer of sauce.
Arrange a layer of noodles on top of the sauce.
Spread a layer of ricotta cheese on top of the noodles.
Spread a layer of meat on top of the ricotta cheese.
Sprinkle a thin layer of the mozzarella cheese on the meat.
Drizzle a layer of sauce.
Arrange another layer of noodles on top of the sauce.
Repeat this layering process until you run out of ingredients or room, which ever comes first.
Remember to reserve a little sauce to spread over top of lasagna.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake for one hour or until cheese is melted in the center.
Let stand for about 20 minutes before cutting.