Make-Ahead Breakfast Strata
Yield: serves 10-12
- 1 16-oz. pkg. Reg. Pork Sausage
- 10 eggs
- 2.25 c milk
- 1.5 t ground mustard
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 c (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c (3 slices white bread, cubed
- 1/2 c diced sweet red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 c thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Instructions:In lg. skillet, cook and crumble sausage over med. heat til no long pink. Add red pepper and green onions; saute til tender. In lg. bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard, bread cubes and pepper. Add cheddar cheese and sausage mixture; mix well. Pour into a greased 12" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Bake 35" to 40" til a knife inserted in center comes out clean. If desired, serve with sour cream and salsa as toppings.
Tip: Make ahead the night before and refrigerate. In AM, bake at 350 degrees F. for 45" to 50" or til knife inserted in center comes out clean.