Maple Walnut Acorn Squash
Total Time: 30
Yield: 8 servings
Roast the veggies for this Maple Walnut Acorn Squash recipe ahead of time, then finish under the broiler while the turkey rests before slicing.
- 2 acorn squash, quartered, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 400°. Place squash, skin side down, on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
In a small saucepan, melt butter and maple syrup. Turn oven to broil. Brush squashes with butter mixture and place a few walnuts on top. Place under broiler until deeply browned, about 2 minutes.