Miso-Roasted Shad Fillet
Total Time: 15
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup red miso
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 shad fillets, skin and dark meat removed (8 narrow pieces)
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
Instructions:In a medium-size nonreactive bowl, dissolve brown sugar in orange juice; then whisk in zest, miso, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and pepper. Add fillets and turn to coat completely; marinate 30—45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°. Wipe excess marinade from fillets. Wrap a fillet around your index finger to form a pinwheel, beginning with the wide end, skin side in. Place pinwheel on a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Repeat with each fillet.
Insert a quartered artichoke heart into the center of each pinwheel. Roast until juices bubble in the center of each pinwheel, 10—14 minutes.