Nick Stellino's Pasta with Romano Cheese and Salami
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 tablespoons Bertolli Extra Virgin(tm) or Bertolli Classico(tm) olive oil
- 5 large cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- 8 ounces Italian-style salami, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound pasta: penne, ziti, or rigatoni
- 4 ounces grated Romano cheese
Instructions:Bring pasta to boil in large pot. Heat the Bertolli(tm) olive oil and the garlic in a large saute pan on medium-high heat until the garlic starts to brown, about 2 or 3 minutes.
Add salami, onions, and red pepper flakes, and cook until onions begin to soften (2 or 3 minutes). Pour in white wine and stir up any brown bits that might be clinging to the bottom of the pan. Boil until the wine is reduced by half.
Add chicken stock, heavy cream, and ground pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer 15 or 20 minutes. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions. Drain well, then return to the pot. Pour sauce over pasta and cook 3 minutes, stirring, over medium heat, until the sauce is absorbed. Add cheese. Toss well and serve.