Pineapple Cheese Ball
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
When time is at a premium, this easy-to-make pineapple-cheese ball recipe is a perfect option. If by some chance there are leftovers, just reshape it, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it until you're ready to serve it again.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
In a food processor or by hand with a fork, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the pineapple, green pepper, and onion. Reserve 1 cup of the nuts and mix in the remaining 1 cup of nuts. Shape the mixture into a ball, roll it in the reserved nuts, and refrigerate until well chilled. Serve with crackers.
We prefer to use both cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese, but you may use all cream cheese if you like.