Pork Loin with Apricot-Rosemary Sauce
Yield: Serves 8-10.
- Center cut pork loin (5 pounds), boned and rolled (reserve the bones)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian olive oil
- 20 white peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apricot flavored brandy
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 4 tablespoons fat from pan drippings
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons minced rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons apricot puree (made from strained apricot jam)
Instructions:Place pork in large stainless steel or glass container. Combine next 9 ingredients and pour over pork. Marinate for up to 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, remove meat from marinade, and place, on reserved bones in roasting pan. Pour remaining marinade over meat and roast for approximately 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F. Remove meat to warm platter.
Pour off 4 tablespoons fat from pan drippings and put in saucepan. Add chicken stock and remainder of pan drippings that have been skimmed of fat. Blend in arrowroot, rosemary, and garlic. Add apricot puree and simmer 3 minutes. Strain and serve with meat.