Rack or Crown Roast of Lamb
Yield: Serves 6 to 8.
Presenting roast of lamb in this elegant fashion is a sure crowd pleaser. Keep in mind that the size of the roast will affect its roasting time, and be sure to have the meat at room temperature when you begin.
- 1 rack or crown of lamb (3 to 5 pounds)
- Olive oil, to cover lamb
- Dijon mustard, to brush on lamb
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs, or ground almonds or macadamia nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
Brush meat with olive oil and toast at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Brush on mustard. Mix crumbs or ground nuts with garlic, parsley, rosemary, pepper, and thyme, and gently apply a coating over the mustard by hand. Return to oven and continue to roast at 375 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes (lamb should be pink inside after about 25 minutes of cooking). Serve with a mustard or garlic hollandaise sauce, if desired.