Radicchio and Fennel Salad
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Fennel provides a faintly sweet counterpoint to the bitter flavor of radicchio.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 10 black oil-cured olives, pitted
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 flat anchovies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Generous pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 medium head fennel
- 1 medium head radicchio
Instructions:1. In the container of a blender or processor, combine 5 of the olives, the oil, lemon juice, anchovies, salt, and cayenne. Whirl until smooth and blend in the oregano.
2. Trim the fennel, cutting off the root and leaf stems to form a bulb. Slice the bulb lengthwise into 8 wedges, and then separate each wedge into layers.
3. Separate the radicchio leaves and rinse them. Drain on absorbent paper and pat dry. Divide among 4 salad plates, interspersing the radicchio leaves with fennel. Coarsely chop the remaining 5 olives and scatter them on top of each salad. Pour on the dressing and serve at once.