Ramekins of Avocado, Shrimp, and Eggs
Yield: Serves 6
Serve these individual casseroles with a tossed green salad and toasted rounds of French bread.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 24 medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs, mixed with 2 tablespoons melted butter
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350° and generously butter 6 ramekins. Melt the 3 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Sprinkle on the flour, mustard, and salt. Stir over medium heat until the mixture foams. Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk. Return to medium heat and stir until thickened. Remove from the heat and blend in the cayenne, tarragon, and Parmesan cheese.
2. Spoon a small amount of sauce into each ramekin. Divide the avocados, shrimp, and eggs among the ramekins. Spoon on the remaining sauce, then sprinkle on the buttered bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and nicely browned.