4 large slices of roasted red bell pepper, from a jar
1 shallot, diced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup chicken stock
1. Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast.
Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or
Bottom of the breast. Place 1 slice of red pepper and 1 teaspoon of
Diced shallot in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket
With toothpicks threading along the side to close.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to
Smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
3. Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the
Heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until
4. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm.
Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
5. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce
Over each chicken breast to serve.
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.