red pepper stuffed chicken breast
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Serving Size 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8 G
Saturated Fat 2 G
Protein 34 G
Total Carbohydrate 5 G
Dietary Fiber 0 G
Sodium 246 mg
Percent Calories from Fat 33 %
Percent Calories from Protein 58 %
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 9 %
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- This recipe serves: 4
- Preparation time : 10 minutes
- Cooking time : 15 minutes
- 4 large slices of roasted red bell pepper, from a jar
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
1. Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast.
Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or
Bottom of the breast. Place 1 slice of red pepper and 1 teaspoon of
Diced shallot in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket
With toothpicks threading along the side to close.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to
Smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
3. Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower the
Heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until
4. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm.
Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
5. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce
Over each chicken breast to serve.