Yield: Makes 1 pie
Pale orange in color, this custard pie resembles pumpkin pie in appearance. Its flavor, however, is distinct.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup medium or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups cooked, mashed rutabaga (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9-inch partially baked pie shell
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, and honey until frothy. Stir in the rutabaga, brown sugar, ginger, nutmeg, coriander, and salt.
2. Pour into the prepared pie shell and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the blade of a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.