Smoked Artichoke and Roasted Potato Frittata
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups red potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons BBQ smoke oil. Amount used will vary to preference.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 2 cups Vermont Cabot pesto cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
1 28-ounce can Italian-style roasted red peppers, drained and pureed
Toss diced potatoes with melted butter and 1 tablespoon BBQ smoke oil, salt and pepper, and roast at 350 degrees F till tender and slightly browned. Saute onion and artichokes with remaining BBQ smoke oil until golden brown. Combine all ingredients, except pepper puree. Place in well buttered 9x13-inch pan. Refrigerate overnight.
In the morning: Bake at 350 degrees F, 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cut into 12 pieces. Spoon small amount of pepper sauce on plates and place frittata on top, making sure some sauce has pooled around the outside of the serving.