Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Delicious, fast, and fun to make. A light, refreshing dessert for a summer gathering.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 envelopes (3 ounces each) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 envelopes (1.3 ounces each) whipped topping mix
- 1 angel food cake (10 ounces), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) coconut
Instructions:Sprinkle the gelatin over the boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Add the sugar, pineapple, and lemon juice. Stir well and refrigerate until slightly thickened.
Prepare two envelopes of the topping mix according to the package directions. Stir into the gelatin mixture.
Place a layer of cake pieces in a 2-1/2-quart mold or bowl. Then add a layer of the gelatin mixture. Repeat the layers until all the cake and gelatin mixture are used. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Prepare the remaining envelope of whipped topping according to the package directions. Unmold the cake onto a serving plate. Frost with the whipped topping. Sprinkle with the coconut.