Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 4 to 6 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (I use unsalted)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk to the butter mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until barely light brown at edges.