Spicy Chorizo Omelet Sandwiches
Total Time: 45
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 ciabatta or sourdough rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 ounces chorizo, crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup grated manchego or
- Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Smoky Mayonnaise
- Roasted Tomatoes
Instructions:In a mixing bowl, dress arugula with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place rolls in a warm oven to heat.
Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook chorizo until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until combined. Fold in parsley, cheese, cream, 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and chorizo.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon butter in a skillet until hot. Pour 1/2 cup of the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook until omelet is set–not jiggly, but still moist. Fold one-third of the omelet in toward the center, then fold in half and remove from the skillet. Repeat with remaining butter and egg mixture for a total of four omelets.
To assemble, remove rolls from the oven. Spread 1 tablespoon Smoky Mayonnaise on each bread half. Place 1/2 cup arugula, two Roasted Tomatoes, and one omelet in the center of each roll.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon piment
Instructions:Smoky Mayonnaise Piment
- 4 large tomatoes, vine-ripened or hothouse, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper