Spicy Italian Sausage and Pepper Skewers with Balsamic Glaze
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Total Time: 20
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package (19.76 ounces) Johnsonville Hot Italian Links
- 1 large onion, cut into 30 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 20 chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 20 chunks
- 10 8-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
Instructions:In large bowl combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, chopped garlic, oregano,bbrown sugar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
Grill the sausage links for 5 minutes per side (turning once). Remove from grill. Cut each Italian link into 6 pieces. Slice onion into wedges and peppers into chunks. Thread a piece of pepper, then sausage, then onion onto skewer. Repeat, alternating pepper colors so there are a total of 4 pieces of pepper, three sausages and three onion pieces per skewer. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Cook skewers on a grill or grill pan over medium heat about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Halfway through cooking process, baste skewers with balsamic sauce. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.