Spicy Peanut Noodles
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 6 T peanut butter (the original recipe calls for creamy but I used chunky and it was good. the original recipe also says not to use old-fashioned style or freshly ground peanut butter)
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1 1/2 T sugar
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 T fresh peeled and minced ginger
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper (or more depending how spicy you like it -- the original recipe calls for 1/2 t and I thought it was a little overwhelming)
- 8 oz. linguine
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thinly into strips
- 1/2 c sliced green onions
- 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 c chopped salted peanuts
- 5 large lettuce leaves (optional -- for display purposes)
Instructions:Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to blend. Set dressing aside.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to the bite. Drain pasta and run cold water over it until noodles cool off. Combine bell pepper, green onions, and noodles in a large bowl and pour dressing over the top. Toss to coat thoroughly (get your hands in there - that works best). Season with salt and pepper.
Optional (I didn't do this part but it would look pretty): line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves. Transfer noodle salad to bowl.
Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.