Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
When growing a garden you look for ways to cook squash with other favorites everyone will enjoy.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 pounds shrimp(can use more or less)
- 8 straight or crookneck squash, diced
- 2 onions chopped fine
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups cooked rice (can be leftover)
- Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, enough to suit your taste
- Can add any other seasonings you like also.
Instructions:On mediun heat cook onions, bell pepper and green onion in butter until transparent. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Add squash. Cook until tender. You can add more butter if needed (but squash will give more juices).
Once squash is cooked or tender, add shrimp and rice. Cook until shrimp are pink in color.
Simmer for about 10 minutes, then serve hot and enjoy.