Stir-Fried Cauliflower with Ham
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Blanched flowerets are stir-fried with ginger and tossed with thin strips of smoked ham. Serve this recipe for stir-fried cauliflower with ham as a salad course or for a light supper.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- Several drops of Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 green onions, white and green portion, sliced
- 4 ounces sliced smoked ham, such as Westphalian, cut into julienne strips
1. Separate the cauliflower into flowerets and drop them into a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 3 to 4 minutes or until partially tender. Drain in a colander set under cold running water. Drain thoroughly, and scatter the flowerets over absorbent paper to air-dry.
2. In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth and the cornstarch and stir to dissolve. Blend in the sherry, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and Tabasco. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the ginger and stir briefly over high heat. Add the cauliflower and onions and stir and stir continuously over high heat until the onions are wilted.
4. Pour on the chicken broth mixture and stir until it bubbles and thickens. Sprinkle on the ham and stir to incorporate. Serve immediately.