Striped Bass and Orange Ceviche
Total Time: 15
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 pound fresh striped bass fillet (or other firm white fish), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 to 5 navel orange segments (pith removed)
- 1 jalapeño or other fresh hot pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: cilantro sprigs
Instructions:In a medium nonreactive bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly but gently. Marinate, covered and refrigerated, 30 to 60 minutes or longer (but not more than 8 hours).
Scoop ceviche into small bowls, garnish with cilantro sprigs, and serve with tortilla chips.