Yield: Serves 6-8.
When preparing clams, Betty removes the dark stomachs: "They wouldn't hurt the recipe, but I remove them for aesthetic reasons." She bakes the mixture in littleneck clam shells and frequently makes a double batch so she can freeze half to keep on hand for unexpected company. "You can use canned clams in this recipe if you don't have access to fresh ones."
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 cup chopped littleneck (quahog) clams and liquid
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted