Sweet Potato Burrito
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic in until soft. Stir in beans and mash. Gradually stir in water and heat until warm. Remove from heat and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up tortillas burrito style. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven and serve.