TABLE OF CONTENTS
The chicken is baked in an easy-to-make mushroom sauce flavored with tarragon. This makes a wonderful company meal. You might want to serve the chicken and sauce on a bed of rice or provide some crusty French bread for sopping up the delicious sauce.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
- 3-1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Pour the margarine into a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan. Coat the chicken with the flour and arrange in a single layer, skin side down, in the baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, turning the chicken once during baking.
Remove the chicken from the oven and pour off the excess fat. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Combine all the remaining ingredients and pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot.