Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups preserves (your favorite flavor)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 40 (approximately) Italian-style ladyfingers (savoiardi)
- 1 16- to 17.5-ounce container mascarpone, room temperature
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
Instructions:Eight hours before serving, combine preserves with sugar and lemon juice in a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Arrange half of the ladyfingers in a 9x13-inch baking dish, trimming them to fit. Spoon half of the hot berry sauce evenly over ladyfingers. Top with remaining ladyfingers, then the remaining sauce. Let stand until cool, about 30 minutes.
In a standing mixer, combine mascarpone and confectioners’ sugar. Gradually beat in heavy cream. Spread mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours. (Tiramis