Tofu With Thai Curry Sauce
Yield: Makes 4 servings, generous 3/4 cup each
Tip: Creamy Thai curry sauce gives tofu a spicy, satisfying kick. You can adjust the amount of curry paste depending on your spice preference. Serve with brown basmati rice and lime wedges.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 cup "lite" coconut milk (see Ingredient notes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste, or to taste (see Ingredient notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Tofu & vegetables
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, preferably water-packed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach (6 ounces)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
Instructions:1. To prepare sauce: Whisk coconut milk, cilantro, curry paste, brown sugar and salt in a small bowl.
2. To prepare tofu: Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Slice the block crosswise into eight 1/2-inch-thick slabs. Coarsely crumble each slice into smaller, uneven pieces.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tofu and cook in a single layer, without stirring, until the pieces begin to turn golden brown on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Then gently stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until all sides are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes more.
4. Add spinach, bell pepper and the curry sauce and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes more.