Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Total Time: 25
Here’s a favorite summer side dish: a simple tomato casserole
that adds a festive splash of red and green to the table.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Cooking-oil spray
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 6 medium-size tomatoes, cored and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350°. Mist a 12- to 14-inch round baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together garlic, basil, thyme and parsley. Arrange half the tomato slices in overlapping layers in prepared baking dish. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle with half the garlic-and-herb mixture. Top with half of the crumbled cheese.
Repeat layers. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest at room temperature, tented with aluminum foil, for a few minutes before serving.