Tropical Seafood and Melon Brochettes
Yield: Quantity is determined by the cook.
- 8 ounces butter
- 1 cup finely chopped scallions
- Juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon each of oregano, basil, thyme, garlic, nutmeg, and black pepper
- 1/4 cup Augo or Sambucca
- 1/2 swordfish steak per person, cut in chunks
- Scallops and shrimp
- Honeydew and cantaloupe balls
- Mango, pineapple, and green pepper cut in chunks
Instructions:Melt butter in small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the scallions, lemon and lime juices, herbs and spices, and liqueur. Place seafood in a glass or ceramic bowl and cover with marinade. Marinate for at least 1 hour before cooking. During this period, soak the wooden skewers in water to keep them from burning while cooking.
To assemble brochettes, alternate marinated seafood with fruits and green pepper. Baste brochettes with marinade during broiling or barbecueing. Fish will be done when firm but tender.