Verna's Beet Relish
Total Time: 30
Yield: 1 pint
Verna says this beet relish is "good with roast beef or almost anything." She likes it spicy, so hold back on the horseradish and cayenne if you prefer a tamer relish.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups peeled, finely chopped (or grated), cooked fresh beets (about 3 medium beets)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish (not prepared sauce)
- 4 teaspoons sugar (or more, to taste)
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine ingredients. Sample, and adjust the flavor with more horseradish or sugar, to taste. Spoon into sterilized jars and seal. Use immediately or store in refrigerator.