Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Store vinegars, tightly capped, in a cool, dark place for up to one year.
- Wine vinegar (red, white)
- Full-bodied flavour.
- All-purpose vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Tangy and fruity. Made from apple cider (check label and buy apple cider vinegar; also sold as just cider vinegar but may not be made from apple cider).
- Good all-purpose vinegar.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Bold, pleasantly tangy but sweet; flavour depends on quality and price.
- From $3 to $150 (quality and price are usually related). Use high-quality ones to season food, not for cooking; use less expensive ones to deglaze pans, in salad dressings or over vegetables or meats.
- Sherry vinegar
- Full bodied and slightly sweet.
- Best suited for salad dressings (partners well with nut oils).
Mellow in flavour. Available seasoned (with sugar and salt) or unseasoned.
Use for sushi and salads, such as cucumber.
Fruit vinegar (raspberry)
Rich, fruity flavour.
Best suited for salad dressings or chicken.