White Chicken Enchiladas-Michelle
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 10 soft taco shells
- 2 c cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 (4ozs.) can diced green chillies
Instructions:If you cook your chicken first (rather than using a rotisserie chicken,) you may want to add some spices to give it extra flavor. I tend to cook my chicken in the crock pot with some ground cumin, garlic powder, and ground black pepper.
The enchiladas may be frozen, but not the sauce. You can make this ahead and keep it in the fridge for 24 hours. Just put it in the oven and increase the time a bit. Make sure they are heated through.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chillies. Do not bring to boil; you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.