Wilted Spinach Salad with Fresh Horseradish Dressing
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A warm horseradish dressing adds spark to fresh, bright green spinach leaves.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-1/2 pounds spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions, white and green portion, sliced
Instructions:1. Rinse the spinach and remove the tough stems. Scatter over a clean kitchen towel and blot dry. Tear into bite-size pieces and transfer to a salad bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour, salt, and cayenne. Stir over medium heat until the mixture foams. Remove from the heat and whisk in the water and wine. Return to medium heat and stir until the mixture bubbles and thickens. Blend in the lemon juice, horseradish, and Worcestershire.
3. Scatter the onions over the spinach and toss to combine. Pour on the hot dressing and toss immediately so that the leaves wilt. Serve at once.