Zucchini and Tomato Sauce
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive or salad oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp each salt and dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp each sugar and dried oregano leaves
- dash pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini (4-6 medium) unpeeled, sliced 1/4 inch thick
Instructions:Cook onion in oil in large frying pan until soft, but not browned. Mix garlic, tomatoes, salt, basil, sugar, oregano, pepper and wine.
Bring to boiling, cover. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Uncover. Mix in zucchini. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until tomato sauce is reduced and thickened and zucchini is tender crisp about 10 minutes. Salt to taste.