Yield: 12 large muffins or 2 loaves
This recipe works well as zucchini bread, too.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups grated zucchini (about 1-1/2 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots (about 1 carrot)
- About a dozen whole or 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Heat oven to 375°.
In a large bowl, gently combine flour, coconut, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl or standing mixer, cream together sugar, oil, and butter until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla extract, and beat until well combined. Add flour mixture and stir just until combined -- do not overmix. Fold in zucchini and carrots. Fill two large, well-greased muffin tins (or two loaf pans) three-quarters full and top with pecans. Bake 25 minutes (35 to 40 minutes for bread); cool on wire racks.